Meet the AdviceOne Fund Selection Team
Building a portfolio
How does the Investment Team work?
Stock and bond portfolio review
New fund selection: A Case Study
Fund analysis and screening
State of the Market
- Themes from previous State of the Market
- Current trends in economy
- AdviceOne's current portfolio in equities and fixed income
- Data on where we stand in the current business cycle
- Interest rates, P/E ratios for each segment of domestic market
Pre- and Post-Retirement Strategies
Pre-Retirement Strategies Topics include:
- All strategies regarding your current 401(k)
- Determine pension decisions
- Backdoor Roth IRA/Backdoor Roth 401(k)
- The actual retirement decision
- Formalize future-based NUA strategy
Post-Retirement Strategies Topics include:
- Formalize your plan for Social Security decisions
- The true cost of not spending
- Plan in advance for the next market crash
- Qualified charitable distributions
- When to cancel life insurance and/or Long Term Care insurance
Fundamentals of Investing 101 and 102
Fundamentals of Investing 101 Topics include:
- What is a stock?
- What is a dividend?
- The difference between value and growth
- Large Cap, mid cap, and small cap companies
- What is a bond?
Fundamentals of Investing 102 Topics include:
- Types of qualified plans
- What is an IRA vs. Roth IRA?
- Non-qualified plans
- Capital gain
Estate Planning Essentials and Aging Parents
- How trusts work
- Avoiding probate
- Revocable vs. irrevocable
- Avoiding estate tax
- QTIP trusts for blended families
- Charitable gifting
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Education funding for grandchildren
- Life and finances after a spouse’s death
- Importance of an elder law attorney
- Reverse mortgage basics
- Implications with how assets are passed
When, where and how to apply
What to do if you are still working
Understanding traditional Medicare
How Medigap plans work
Do you have to enroll in Part D?
What are the costs?